Friday, January 13, 2023

Windy And Dusty Today

 We seem to be stuck in that pattern. It'll be warmer today than yesterday and much better by the weekend but the wind will be unrelenting. So it goes. Are people getting dumber? Does anyone think anymore? How many people still read books? Everywhere I go I see faces stuffed into those damned "smart" phones, no conversation to speak of, and a lot of places have treacly and creepy "praise music" seeping like some kind of neurotoxic fog out of their speaker systems. Background music for the lobotomized. It's all very depressing. I feel sometimes that I'm living among pod people, that the body-snatchers have won, although it might be more like an invasion of brain eaters and the brain eaters are gaining ground. Resistance is useless? The battle for rationality is lost? Seems like it. I have plenty of good reasons to avoid people!











No comments:

Post a Comment