Sunday, January 29, 2023

Maybe Only Three Days Of Winter

 Lots of ifs and unknowns, but the skies are currently clearing, finally. No precip yet, and if we can get a reasonable amount of sunshine we'll get above freezing today. The questions concern Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm finding ways to stay busy. After this episode, we look to be on track for significantly better weather in the first part of February. It's good to see patches of blue sky. If it does clear, that means a morning low around 20 F. I can deal with that. I'd sure like to see this storm system turn into a bust. How nice that would be!











I made a batch of lentils and brown rice, adding peas and carrots and onion and halved cherry tomatoes, a tablespoon of EVO, a teaspoon of butter, and a healthy dose of a Greek seasoning mix, with added black pepper. That tasted very good! There's a heck of a lot one can do with lentils and rice. I've only scratched the surface of these vegetarian meals. Definitely not very expensive, either. Quick and easy to fix. Protein and fiber. Vitamins and minerals. Heart healthy. I like to cook stuff when the weather turns cold, simple things I can whip up on the stove top. I never use the oven. I have a Copper Chef skillet, and those things really work! I can make a very good cornbread in that thing, right on the stove top! Someday I need to try a kind of unleavened flat bread. I'm thinking along the lines of: whole wheat flower, a dash of baking powder, milk, and a couple of eggs. Pour a batter the consistency of pancake or waffle batter into the skillet and let it "bake" with the lid on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment