Sunday, June 18, 2023

We Are In For It

 That scorching weather had to appear eventually and we are in for it, now, with temps above 100 F for several days. But the air will be dry. I must do a lot of watering now. The "positive feedback" set up on the central AC is very effective. I thought of that last summer, I believe. It worked very well then and it works very well now. I tuned in to Svengoolie last evening and was reminded of two very good movies, now very obscure: The Green Man and The Wicker Man. I read the Kingsley Amis novel, "The Green Man", years ago, and the movie was very faithful to the novel. These are classics, in my opinion. As for Sue Grafton, I'm on the letter M. Wonderful to read these in order, one after another. 










It is 60 F right now, and that is a good way to begin what will be a hot day, a prelude to the very hot weather to come. Now. Now is the keyword for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment