Wednesday, June 7, 2023

NOT Out Of The Rainy Spell

 That's some kind of spell. Significant rain overnight again, 63 F this morning, and more rain is likely late tonight. And then maybe the rainy spell will be over. It is very soggy this morning but the cool temps feel good. The mosquitos are here with a vengeance and nothing but a repellant heavily laced with DEET will keep the suckers away. I've got bites all over me. Tropical diseases, anyone? I'm enjoying cold drinks with tonic water and grapefruit juice, spritzed with lime. A little dose of quinine each day might be helpful. Actually, that concoction is very refreshing. I use Ruby Red juice with no added sugar. 










Lubbock is rarely green. I have a meadow full of wild flowers near me. And the playa lakes near me are close to overflowing. I am on high ground and have no fear of flooding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment