Saturday, June 24, 2023

Bad Storm

 The weather signs were not good yesterday and I felt that a bad storm in our area was likely. Sure enough, a bad storm. I seem to have been on the fringe, with the worst action north of me. I have not checked the local weather yet. I got a substantial rain and sparsely spaced hail, some up to golf ball size. Not much of that, not a barrage, and the winds were light. Vegetation shows no sign of damage. Now we are in for bad heat, temps over 100 F for a week! But I won't have to water for a week, and maybe the forecast will be wrong, as so many have been wrong recently. An unstable climate makes forecasting difficult. Humanity is committing suicide anyway, so a species in the process of self destruction has no need of an accurate weather forecast. And when the last human expires, there ought to be something higher and better out there, to say "Good riddance". That's what I would say, but I don't pretend to be higher or better. Just another poor monkey in the zoo am I. Or another inmate in the global insane asylum. 










We live and die in a stupid, shoddy, claptrap world, and that's a natural fact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment