Saturday, June 17, 2023

Cool Mornings Hot Days

 Mornings in the sixties make the hot days bearable and so far we've come close to 100 but have not hit that mark. It is now about normal for this time of year. Perryton, Texas, got hit very hard by a tornado. I only vaguely recall the place. I think I was up there in late '68. I was driving a '55 Chevy four-door with a bad transmission. And the guitar I had at that time was too many for me-- the pickup switches and the wonky bridge made it hard for me to get the hang of it. Beautiful guitar but a stupid purchase. What I needed at that time would have been an SG Jr. Single P-90 and a very simple bridge. I was too ambitious. I looked at a Fender Mustang in Sonic Blue and even that would have been better than the Jaguar, although the bridge would still have been a problem. I have a Mustang today and it took a lot of work and adjustment on the bridge to make it playable. And the Jaguar I have today has a Mustang bridge. In the early eighties I had a Fender Jaguar in sunburst, a Rickenbacker 360 in Fireglo, a 1964 model, and a 1961 SG Special. I wish I had kept those guitars. I've had so many, many, guitars over the years! Now I stay where I am. A Stratocaster in sunburst and maple neck/fingerboard, a Sonic Blue Mustang, a Candy Apple Red Jaguar, A sunburst Jagmaster, and a couple of acoustics, one very vintage and perfect for primitive blues, and another that has become vintage. A special issue. 










I forgot that I have an Epiphone SG Special! It's red. These guitars all have very special nostalgia vibes and only death or disaster would part me from them. I love those guitars and I've got them around the house where I can always see them, or impulsively pick one up and play a few riffs or some blues, or some old time rock and roll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment