Tuesday, May 16, 2023

The Closest Approximation

 It seems to me that the "corporate person" is the closest approximation to a Golem that one can achieve, short of magic. And I have no faith in magic. I failed to mention Twitter. Twitter is well-named because it appeals strongly to bird brains. There's no way in hell that I would waste time with Twitter, or "Tik Tok" (what kind of rotten shit is that, eh?). But a blog seems innocuous enough, and that is as far as I will go. And that might even be too far, but I started this so I'll just go on with it. Facebook is a deluge of crap and bot garbage-- a bottomless pit. No thanks. 

Our excellent weather continues! That's the important thing! I'm enjoying the Kinsey Millhone mysteries. They are set in a time before "smart" phones and even before cell phones! YES! Not one reference to a text or even an email! It was a far, far, better world then, a world where village idiots were isolated from each other and shunned. Today, of course, they are united by social media, and they are very, very, dangerous and destructive. The internet is like a loaded gun in the hands of a moron. Bad idea. 












No comments:

Post a Comment