Monday, May 8, 2023

95 F Yesterday

 It was hot yesterday but dry air and perfect breezes made it quite comfortable. Amazing May so far. No sweltering heat wave yet, cool mornings, and rain chances are due to increase. Next week's cooler temperatures will be ideal. It's nice to have little to complain about, for a change. Complain I do. What of it? I've been quite busy lately, but I'm doing things I don't mind having to do. Today I got a little of the jungle under control. I like to have pathways and islands of order here and there. Evening wine on the patio has been quite gratifying. I have not noticed any mosquitoes yet, and that's kind of surprising. I'm going to try a botanical repellant this year, with no DEET. I hope it works. 










The photos were taken in Spur several years ago, maybe almost ten years ago, when life was much better for me. You might want to visit Spur, and eat at the Dixie Dog, and I hope that establishment is still open! I do not believe that I will ever visit Spur again. The memories are too poignant. 


No comments:

Post a Comment