Friday, May 19, 2023

A Little Rain

 It rained overnight, but it does not seem to have been very much. I think I will water this evening. Yesterday I spoke to someone about our water situation and learned about a farmer in the area who has given up. Not enough rain and his wells were too expensive to operate. I think we'll see more and more of that. We discussed the Roberts County wells. We decided that the outlook for Lubbock and the other towns around here, is not very good. And I had occasion to drive into areas of Lubbock I have not seen in five or more years, and I was astounded by the development. It looks to me as though a lot of people are living in a fantasyland. Of course, the developers and home builders are making a lot of money, and if we have a water crunch, no problem. They can take the money and run. Not so for most of the rest of us. I know Lubbock has a "water plan" but I wonder how realistic it is, especially in light of climate trends. I would be surprised to find that it acknowledges any sort of climate trend, since that wouldn't conform to conservative ideology. In other words, any water plan the city might have would most likely not be founded upon good science. I haven't been able to find any specifics about such a water plan. 










I found a better way to manage these images. Makes things a lot easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment