Sunday, May 21, 2023

Pros And Cons

 There are pros and cons of course, to living in Lubbock. It could be worse. Sometimes I'm more annoyed by the cons than pleased by the pros, and vice-versa. Lubbock's conservatism is annoying. There are too many people who have enlisted in particularly stiff-necked and fundamentalist religious cults. Nobody needs ignorance and bigotry. But if you can get past that obnoxious bullshit it's not so bad. I do my best to tune it out. The climate can be rough but it's much worse farther north and if you go south you are sweltering in high humidity and in general there are few places on the planet that really have a very congenial climate, and there will be fewer of those as time goes on. I think I'll try to focus on the positive! By golly, it's another nice morning! My private jungle is greening up nicely! I've got me a damned fine cup of coffee! I took care recently of some long-neglected business! I have pretty much got my ducks in a row! And so on. 










Life really is like a box of Choke-A-Lots! Sometimes you choke a little, sometimes you choke a lot, and someday you'll choke to death. Yee-HAW! What a grand and glorious thing is this thing called "life"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment