Tuesday, June 26, 2018

The Garden Is BACK For 2018

So enough of the old stuff. The backyard garden is back, bigger and better than ever. It is so easy to take pictures of the stuff growing back there, and it changes from day to day, that I can't resist using it as subject matter. So we are going to start seeing a lot of sunflowers, for one thing.




Sunflowers grow well in this climate, they are spectacular, and they attract all kinds of wildlife in the forms of birds, bees, lizards, and a variety of spiders and other bugs. Of course, butterflies visit. Combine that with birdbaths and bird feeders and you've got a little habitat going. Of course, that's not all I have. New additions are milkweed, hummingbird mint, zinnias, and many wildflowers. I've even got corn growing in one corner, along with several varieties of tomato. Oh yeah, there are day lillies as well. And weeds. I have no problems with weeds. I like a garden that's semi-wild. I just regret that I don't have an old tractor in the middle of this stuff. If I expand the garden next year, as planned, I'll have room for one. If I can't manage that, I know where I can find a vintage horse-drawn plow. That would work.




I was just messing around, switching between the Canon and the Nikon. A cold Shiner Bock (or two) helped make these photo sessions a pleasant escape.




Well, there's gonna be more of this next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment