Sunday, June 3, 2018

Old Stuff From TTU

The Texas Tech Campus does not even look like this anymore-- lots of new construction since these photos were taken in the early 2000's. This is more stuff that used to be in the Spotlight section of Unofficial Lubbock. But I did drive out to Ralls today, to see for myself the damage from recent storms and take photos with the new camera. If I had wanted to go to Floydada I'd have been out of luck. The road was blocked. It was impassable for some reason. Looked like a lot of debris and maybe areas of high water covering the road. And if I'd wanted to continue on 62/82 to Crosbyton, I'd have had to detour. Yes, there was a lot of damage.




I had several classes in this building, long ago.




In 1967 this was new!




I'm not even sure that any of this stuff is still there.





Let us not overlook the humble drain. Without the humble drain, none of this would be possible.
And now the wind power center and museum of agriculture, as THEY used to be, about fifteen years ago.




The wind power center is much bigger now, and the museum of agriculture is on the other side of Broadway, now, and much bigger. Sometime this summer I will take a camera out there and take a lot of photos for this blog. I will do a lot of walking-- it takes a lot of walking to tour these locations.




I seem to be living in the past a lot, and I don't really give a damn.





Maybe sometime soon I'll have the new stuff ready to upload. Ralls! See the destruction! 

No comments:

Post a Comment