Friday, June 22, 2018

Old Black And White Photos

These are not very high quality. I was in the process of discovering what sorts of things I would like to photograph. Most of these were taken in and around Lubbock, except for two taken in New Mexico many years ago.

 The two above were taken in New Mexico, perhaps 30 years ago, with a conventional film camera, and not a very good one at that. They were digitized later but that technology was primitive then. I like the subject matter, though.


All of the rest of these photos were taken in Lubbock, but YEARS ago.




I've always liked bleak images, and now such images are very appropriate, because I am living in bleak times. 





 Creepy, isn't it? This red crepe stuff is supposed to symbolize the opposing team's bloody entrails, I think.
There was a strong media presence.
 There was a strong police presence.
 There was even crime scene tape!


Were there portable toilets? I don't recall.




There was ESPN stuff there. It would have been fun to sabotage this stuff. The thought crossed my mind.


What a day. I can't remember who won the game. I know I didn't watch it. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything. Surely, that TTU coach is long gone. There have been so many. 

Eventually I'll have some new pics. I'd just like to use up this old stuff first.

No comments:

Post a Comment