Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Finishing Ralls, Texas And More Camera Tests

Just not that much to photograph in Ralls.




I think one of the damaged structures was a cotton gin and that could put some people out of work in Ralls-- a major economic disaster. 




Typical in towns like this, are all the abandoned and dilapidated houses.
And not much changes.




I photographed this tractor five years ago or so, the last time we visited Ralls. It's still there in the same spot but rustier. The town is still there, but more dilapidated. And now, after that storm---




If a trade war kills the cotton farmers, these towns are toast. And they'll have only themselves to blame. Vote for a dim-witted con-man and reap the harvest of ruin. Serves you right.

Yes, we have no business. Good-bye, Ralls, and good riddance.
Now more camera tests. The sunflowers are back and I wanted to try the zoom feature in the garden. So I sat outside one cloudy evening and tried some test shots.




The image stabilization works quite well, even in less than ideal lighting conditions.




Not as good as the Nikon, of course, but lighter and less bulky. Sometimes I really need something quite compact with a good lens.



AA batteries are also a nice feature. I use rechargeable batteries and I can pack two sets in the carrying case easily. So it'll do. This camera will work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment