Saturday, June 16, 2018

Abernathy, Texas, At The Turn Of The Century!

Which was not that long ago.




What I remember best about this trip is that it had rained a lot, standing water was everywhere, and the mosquitoes ate me alive. It was also very hot and humid.




The Abernathy Musical Jamboree is history. It used to be fun. But you couldn't dance-- dancing was against the law!




Abernathy has not changed much, except, I would say, there is a lot more deterioration evident.
This town is not so far from Lubbock, north on I-27, that you could not live in Abernathy and work in Lubbock. Lots of people do that, I've been told. 




It's a SMALL town. I know that much.


Next time, we will look at the Stubbs BBQ Memorial, as IT appeared, right around THE TURN OF THE CENTURY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment