Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Stubb's BBQ Memorial

This is how it looked in the winter of 2002 or 2003. There was a little bit of snow on the ground.

 That area in the background became a homeless encampment/shelter, and so it remains today.


I got carry-out from this place a few times, back in the day. I visited it once with a girl I was dating briefly and I recall that it was crowded and that neither one of us were impressed. It was full of people trying to be cool. We were not interested in being cool. We just wanted a couple of BBQ sandwiches. They were nothing to write home about, frankly.




This memorial is all that remains. Mr. Stubblefield is dead. If the good times still roll, they roll somewhere else.




I might revisit this place someday. I drive by every once in a while. Maybe something has changed. I have better cameras now. 



Those good times, they just DON'T roll on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment