Monday, August 13, 2018

More Steps Retraced, More Ruins

I don't want to give exact locations. Generally Southeast Lubbock. Around Ave. G. Roughly. There were even more prairie dogs out here than the last time.



First, some of the abandoned homes you see around here. The ones that are occupied are only a little better. I didn't cover everything, just as it took more than one visit to document this area years ago. There have been a few changes, but not many.

 Last time we were out here I had no telephoto capability. Long focus lenses give me more opportunities to capture images.
 This ruin was the objective.

You have to be careful not to step into one of these!





Obviously, nothing has been cleaned up, and now this seems simply to be the neighborhood dumping ground-- yet another of Lubbock's many illegal dumping grounds.
This building has a kind of rudimentary workbench inside. Gosh knows what was done here years ago.



There's a lot of crap on the roadside as well. Next time, we will re-examine what I called the "Black Tower" site. It is what they call a "compress". I noted the extravagant fire protection, but if the buildings house compressed cotton, I guess you'd worry a lot about fire. The tower is visible from many locations in Lubbock. I won't tell exactly where this is, but if you home in on the tower, you can find it. I still think it looks sinister.

No comments:

Post a Comment