Saturday, August 25, 2018

Another Junk Zone, Playa Lake, Infrastructure

All this stuff is on Elgin, near an apartment complex. I've driven by many times but it finally occurred to me to drive into the alley and see what I could find. 
 An illegal dump should be no surprise.
 This sort of thing is what you find most frequently in Lubbock's illegal dumps.
 I have no idea how these slabs of concrete might have gotten here.
 The fifty gallon drum seems to be an improvised heater. Do homeless people shelter here?
This playa lake is a common sight from the loop frontage road. Several years ago a corpse was found floating in it. I can't remember whether foul play had been involved.

 There was a fence around this lake but boards were missing and anyone who wanted to could get through the fence. I merely aimed my Kodak through the gaps and used some zoom settings.
The illegal dump is right behind a major electrical substation/distribution point in the city's power grid. Right across the alley is the apartment complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment