Monday, August 6, 2018

Retracing Steps

Yes, last Sunday I drove to New Deal, which was one of the early places I visited with my wife, and then when I finished taking pics in New Deal I stopped at the old, abandoned, recycling center on I-27 across from the airport, which was another early place where my wife and I explored and took photos. And then on the way back I went through downtown Lubbock and got some more shots of the old Citizen's Tower building. It is still being renovated, and, really, to me the structure looks unsound. Of course, I am not an engineer. I used a telephoto in a lot of my pics Sunday. I covered New Deal a little better than I did the last time. Not much there to photograph, really. 

I thought about all the places we traveled and I really can spend the rest of my life re-exploring all the places we visited: Plainview, Brownfield, Tahoka, Levelland, Meadow, Spur, Ropesville, Slaton, Shallowater, Crosbyton, Anton, Abernathy, Canyon, Lorenzo, Ralls, New Braunfels, New Home, Floydada, Petersburg, Littlefield, and more, and then the many, many, locations in Lubbock... and we made repeat visits to all of these places and found new things every time. I'm sure I've forgotten a lot. Eventually I'll have an RC camera plane again, and I can take it with me and do aerial photos in locations out of town. That will keep me busy enough.

But before all of this, how about some more of those SUNFLOWERS? They are a bit past their prime at this point, but still interesting.




It has been too hot and too dry for too long, I can water a lot but the tap water is hard, salty, and has a choramine residual. Rain water would be nice but there has not been much of that. Lubbock's crap climate is getting crappier as human-generated greenhouse gases heat up the planet. 




This stuff changes constantly. 




While I was giving two of my wife's classmates an informal tour of Lubbock (they were here for the Lubbock High School 63rd Reunion) I found a house to photograph.

These two ladies came here from Dallas and remarked that Lubbock seemed like a ghost town to them-- not much traffic compared to Dallas. That's a GOOD thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment