Sunday, August 19, 2018

Lubbock, "Old Town"

I might as well refer to this area as Old Town. It is near a flea market, active on weekends. My wife and her second husband had a booth there, once. She knew all about flea markets. We visited this place several times.
 Great alleys.
 The alleys are like jungles.
 This old pickup was new.
 Surely nobody stole the wheels-- somebody must be working on it.
It is yet another of those funky parts of Lubbock I like so much.
 Old Town!
I've never seen anyone behind those gates. I don't know what it takes to get in here.

 Be sure to heed the signs!
In nice weather, on a weekend, this area is packed. 
You can get married here, and have a party here.
 You could live in a shack. 
 These are flea market items. I zoomed in on them.
 This stuff is waiting for the weekend, and then it will all be on sale.

You can browse for bargains.




There's a cantina here, where you can get tripas wrapped in a tortilla, and slosh a cold beer, play pool, listen to Mexican music.  We stopped there once, for the tripas. I had a Lone Star and my wife enjoyed a Diet Coke. Nice place.




Lots of junk nearby, but it all fits in. The junk belongs here.

Then it was time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment