Saturday, March 31, 2018

More Memories

More old stuff. This will be going on for quite some time.


These are a few of the RC airplanes I had when I first started out. I had trouble flying them, crashed one beyond repair, and gave up. About six years ago, with the advent of 2.4 gigahertz radio systems and electric flight I gave it a try again and finally learned how to fly RC. Best of all, I did not have to drive miles and miles to find a flying field. I had a nice area right at the end of our block.
This is an MRC Cessna Cardinal. If I could find another one of these today, it would be a perfect vehicle for an electric flight system.
Model ships! I quit model sailing ships after building these-- too tedious!
Everything in this collection of x-planes is 1/48th and all are assembled from cast resin kits except the X-3. Eventually I threw these away. Can't believe I did that.
This was my room at home, many years ago. I was a model builder from an early age. Note the X-2. I carved that out of hardwood. I had nothing but a few pics in Air Force Association magazines to go by. I didn't get the wing sweep angle right but otherwise it is pretty good, I think.


When I got to Texas Tech on a National Merit Scholarship, I lived in a number of dismal apartments in North Overton. As you can see below...
...they really were very dismal. This was not the worst of them.


More memories next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment