Thursday, March 1, 2018

Junk Zone And Downtown

Naturally, we explored a junk zone.




These are the best parts of Lubbock. These are really the best parts of any town of any size.




I'd rather examine ruins and cast-away debris than any monument. Of course, I do like museums but they sort of fit the same theme, and I'm always interested in impressive technical artifacts, like telescopes, power plants, water pumping stations, transportation systems. Aircraft are always good and vintage autos in any state of repair or disrepair are always good.





I was satisfied that my wife had found a nice camera to add to my collection. Next update shifts to downtown Lubbock. A local/regional auto dealership, Reagor-Dykes, has been doing some good things here, rehabilitating buildings in Lubbock's downtown, and preserving various artifacts of historical interest. My wife was especially interested in these things. So that was our next stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment