Sunday, April 1, 2018

Old Stuff

Some of this is from Unofficial Lubbock, a website I created shortly after I retired. I set it up with Adobe Pagemill and used a free server provided by ATT. They don't do that anymore. Those free customer websites went away years ago. I liked Pagemill but it is obsolete today. I guess I won't have another website. This blog will have to do.
So...
I read this book when I was in grade school. I remember asking my mom where Lubbock was. And then I found myself living in Lubbock. So I did a little thing on those famous Lubbock Lights.



As you can see, I tried to find where those Tech Professors lived, who spotted the mystery lights. The house is long gone. That residential section is now commercial, devoted to fast food. I think I found the approximate location.

The following pics were taken at a Fourth On Broadway celebration when it was still between University and Avenue Q. It was much, much, better then. David Langston was still mayor-- probably the best mayor this city ever had.




It was actually RAINING, but not enough to cancel the parade.








Today I was able to drive around and take a few pics without being depressed. I missed my wife, of course, but I accepted things and decided that I could still take pics, but with a different emphasis. I also experimented with abstractions, as I did years ago. Easier to do this stuff in a garage with lots of room and material to work with. I found other pics taken several years ago with my wife's camera, and I don't think they were ever posted here. Those, too will be going up. I plan to revisit old sites, old places we photographed, and do it again with a better camera. And surely, there have been changes over the years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment