Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Solo Efforts

It didn't feel very good, but I tried, and I've been trying. I wanted to document the effects of our severe drought on some local playa lakes. I visited the "hidden" lake near East 50th and Ave G because I suspected retreating water levels would reveal vast amounts of junk. 




I was right.




It'll be interesting to see what turns up as the level gets lower and lower. There's no end in sight for this drought. 




As usual, you find discarded mattresses. 




There are residences not far from here. Interesting neighborhood.


Next time, we will look at another vanishing playa lake. I assume that Lake Alan Henry and Lake Meredith will be at similarly low levels in the near future. A really protracted drought has the potential to kill this city, or at least, make lives in this area miserable. I hope it won't come to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment