Wednesday, June 15, 2022

The Heat Goes On

But what can you expect? I'm starting to get some new photos, despite the heat.








I've been watching videos in which people take inexpensive audio exciters to make speakers from flat sheets of insulation board. None of them have very good bass response, no matter how big you make them. Interesting idea though. If my bookshelf speakers ever wear out I might try making my own speakers. But I've gone to the trouble of replacing the woofer foam surrounds and the tweeters should last forever, and these vintage JBLs cost me only $25 for the pair, at an estate sale. When we went to estate sales I found tons of vintage speakers and amps and receivers. Cheap. But I find I can get excellent sound from inexpensive "class T" amps. Lots of those around. Pyle and many other brands. I'm using a Pyle, 45 watts per channel and it is great! Runs cool and only draws as much power as it needs to meet demand. Very compact and it has a tone direct switch and that's what I use: wire with gain mode works fine. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment