Thursday, June 16, 2022

Coping With The Heat

 We are all doing that. I find that I can be quite comfortable with the thermostat set on 80, given ceiling fans and air circulators. Light clothing helps. I pretty much run around in a lightweight cotton t-shirt and gym shorts. The kind of heat we have is dry. Heat index is usually lower than the actual temperature, due to dry air and wind. I drink a lot of iced tea and iced water indoors during the day. I don't use the oven or stove top during the summer. If something needs to be heated there is the microwave. Cold chicken or ham salads work. Cheese salad, especially the kind they serve at Fawlty Towers is good. And, unlike at Fawlty Towers, if you make it yourself, you will actually get what you want! So, there are strategies to cope with the heat and minimize discomfort. 







Sometimes I wonder whether there are still people who are waiting for a certain loser to be "reinstated". If there are, I hope they are all holding their breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment