Sunday, June 5, 2022

Another Addition To The Site List

 I'm adding to my link list at the very bottom of the blog. It's a collection of excellent sites I highly recommend. Meanwhile we enjoy more or less normal temps for a June in this area, the rainfall has been ample, and the ducks are in a row. Take that anyway you like.








I try to preserve and protect an island of intellect and rationality in a sea of nonsense and goofy garbage. But I'm open to new ideas. I've made my seasonal transition from red wine to chilled white. It's a weather-related thing: hearty red wines in the winter and chilled, dry, white wines in the summer. I don't have wine with meals. I have wine with a book, in the evening. Iced tea in summer with a book during the daytime hours. I like to read. I love to read. When I'm done with most books, they go to FOL. Some fiction I keep on the shelves, but mostly the permanent collection consists of references. The science and math books, for instance. The fiction I keep is worth re-reading. A simple and uncomplicated life is all I want now, and, really, all I need. But that requires a degree of isolation that most people would not like. I understand and accept that. Avoidance can be a healthy adaptation, and it is for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment