Sunday, July 2, 2023

Warming And More Rain?

 40% chance of rain today but you'd never guess it this morning. Very sunny. Maybe clouds move in later, maybe this and maybe that. My Sunday morning drive took me past the area where the major festivities for the 4th will be held. I used to photograph that stuff for the blog but that seems pointless now. A lot of things are pointless now. I'm on "Q" in the Sue Grafton books. Because of those books I've gotten into hard-boiled egg sandwiches with lots of mayo, and peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Very good! Another favorite: liverwurst on white bread with butter and molasses. Most people go yuck but it's an amazing treat, best made with authentic liver sausage but the best you can do around here is liverwurst from the supermarket. Good luck finding authentic liver sausage. And if the white bread is fresh and warm and homemade-- to die for. For years I've been thinking that "someday" I'll do this and do that, things I did when my wife was alive and we did together, but I suspect that "someday" will never arrive. I'm happiest now keeping my life as simple as possible and staying close to home. 











No comments:

Post a Comment