Friday, July 7, 2023

It Is Cloudy

 Clouds, what do they mean? Will it rain? Or will it be a tease? I've taken a break from Sue Grafton and I am reading, for my fiction, Philip K. Dick's "Galactic Pot Healer". You wouldn't think that a book with a title like that would make you think, but it does. I suspect that those of us who care about life, about living things, are exhibiting a trait that puts us completely at odds with a "life force" if such a thing exists. By showing compassion and concern, we demonstrate that we don't belong here. I think it's a good thing, to not belong here. The book is also full of wry humor and pratfalls. 










I rarely watch TV anymore. At one time I went five years with no TV. I didn't miss it. Then it slipped back into my life but it was almost entirely PBS, until I discovered some network stuff above par, that somehow survived the moronization process. I actually had basic cable at one time but most of that was rock bottom crap, and cable got more and more expensive. It wasn't worth it. Books are the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment