Tuesday, July 18, 2023

The Heat Continues

 Same old same old, as the heat goes on. I wish winters would turn milder, with less extreme cold spells, if it's going to be so hot but it's the worst of both worlds, with extremes every season. I'm managing to stay comfortable but I suspect I'll have a whopper of an electric bill. I've been overpaying consistently for many months, building up credit, to lessen the impact of a heat wave, since I anticipated this sort of weather. I budget a certain amount each month for utilities and that's what I pay, and that is usually in excess of the monthly bill amount, and I do that precisely to minimize the impact of weather extremes. The credit I accumulate offsets peak use and I don't have nasty surprises. 










I've lost all interest in manned spaceflight. It seems to me to be nothing but another stupid monkey trick. Most of human civilization, of human history, impresses me as nothing more than stupid monkey tricks. It's all sound and fury that ultimately means NOTHING. 

No comments:

Post a Comment