Friday, July 13, 2018

More From Erskine

Actually, it's more from an AREA, just OFF Erskine, in North Lubbock. As though it matters. 




To me, the memories matter. We really enjoyed snooping around off the beaten path.




This time I paid more attention to some old cars, old wrecks, behind one of the buildings. Strange sounds emanated from that building. Human voices that seemed to be chanting over sounds suggestive of a heavy metal plate being pounded by hammers.  I decided not to linger too long. It would have been easy to make me disappear, along with my car.  Both could vanish without a trace... whenever I visited places like this with my wife I'd leave her in the car with the motor running, in the driver's seat, ready to make a quick exit and call for help with her iphone. You never know what you are going to stumble into-- a chop shop? a meth lab?
A bunch of nutty Texicans?? Gang-bangers???




I might have been on somebody's surveillance camera. You never know.




Unoccupied. Vacant.

There's nothing like the boonies! The FRINGES!
This weekend I'm taking the Nikon to a new junkyard I discovered on a dirt road in a location to be disclosed later, and also to Lubbock's Museum of Agriculture. These are places I did not visit with my wife. It will take time to process the photos, so until then, I will be putting up more pics of Sunflowers. That's always a safe bet.

It really will take the rest of my life to revisit all of the locations my wife and I snooped through. I should be near eighty by the time I finish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment