Sunday, July 8, 2018

More Demolition Scenes

I wondered whether ALL of those old warehouses were going to be demolished. Maybe the one I found is the first to go down.




It was hot and humid out there, and very, very quiet. On July 4th I was the only person around. I liked that.




I guess all this stuff is going to be recycled, somehow. 




Eventually, I'll get back out here and see what is happening to this stuff. I felt fortunate to catch the ruins in this stage.




Scenes like this are very representative of some parts of Lubbock.




Now we are in a residential alley, only a block away from the warehouse zone.
 The houses around here are not the best in town...



I was very pleased with myself for having revisited this location. For the entire span of our marriage, we drove here and there every weekend, and sometimes in the middle of the week. In fact, this began even before we married. That would make about six years of photo journeys. I realized that if I revisited every one of those locations, and used new cameras and new perspectives, I could spend the rest of my life retracing our steps, so to speak. I would be in my late seventies by the time I finished covering our old tracks. And I might not even live that long! This would be a very good way to fill my time.

So today I began that project, and got more pics from an area we visited year before last, I think. I'm not going to take the stuff in chronological order. But I am going to retrace our old paths. I'm also going to revive another old hobby-- RC aircraft. I still have the cameras I used for aerial photography, and I will do that again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment