Wednesday, August 2, 2023

A Dead Loss

 Many years ago I wrote off humanity as a dead loss. As time has passed I've seen how very sound and prescient my judgement has been. My very first day in school I found myself surrounded by hopeless dumbasses. That was disillusioning from the start. I've managed to make all sorts of adjustments and I've blended in well enough, and I've met my share of people I'd consider peers, and I've had rewarding friendships and relationships, but now the easiest course is the path of withdrawal and isolation. That seems to work well for me at this time in my life. After the election of 2016 I realized that there are far too many toxic dumbshits running around for me to have any hope for the future of this country, much less the future of humanity. It's all a dead loss. There is nothing worth salvaging. But who knows? Maybe I'll be in a better mood tomorrow. 










I got some work done this morning, while the temps were still relatively comfortable. Triple digits again. Bake the apes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment