Thursday, March 2, 2023

Rain? Snow?

 SLIGHT chances of rain and or snow in any measurable amount. But windy is something you can count on. Par for the course. Not all that bad, actually, for early March. An El Nino this season would be a nice change! I'm rediscovering the joy of Dover Books. I've had the two volume RISE OF THE NEW PHYSICS for a long time but I've ordered some other books from them, on subjects I explored back in the mid-eighties. Dover is a great place to get classics. 










One thing I've never been able to understand is a "desire to live". Life is an unfortunate accident, isn't it? An imposition? One makes the best of it and you can take consolation in the fact that it goes away, finally. Life is an insult and an injury, all in one stroke. Isn't it? Quite absurd, in its very essence. I find that I can make the nonsense tolerable by keeping things simple and focusing on the welfare of others. The "self" is a wretched thing. Isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment