Saturday, March 11, 2023

Fire Hazards! Burn Bans!

 Those Texican evangelicals better defer their book burning parties! Many Texas counties are at wildfire risk! Because it won't rain! Maybe all those god-fearing Texicans haven't persecuted enough gays, or fucked over enough women, or maybe they haven't banned and burned enough text books, to please the fearsome THING they worship. Wait! The god-emperor has not been reinstated! Maybe that's the problem! Where IS that Uri Geller?? Where is the magic? If it finally does start raining, better have the lifeboats ready. But on a more serious note, the drought is really bad, and climate change due to human activity is all too real. But those damned oil men can't be stopped. Money is the only true god, to paraphrase Robert Bloch. 










In my photos I offer only wholesome things, so don't blame me for anything. I live on the very fringes of Lubbock, a mere stone's throw from the boonies, and rarely venture into the burgeoning and growing and increasingly congested areas far to the west of me, so I have only the most simple and humble and wholesome things around me, and I like that very much. I have always liked the east side of town, and I sincerely hope that the developers stay away. They should drop dead. They should choke to death on the money they make. 


No comments:

Post a Comment