Monday, August 31, 2020

Some Bad News

The big vacant lot in New Braunfels that used to be full of a large quantity and variety of "junk" has been cleaned. It looks like a picked bone. At first I was pissed off, thinking that the city council there had decided to get "sanitary", but I really don't know why it was done. It wasn't an eyesore by any means. I think I documented it pretty thoroughly whenever I had the chance. My cousin in New Braunfels, who knows a thing or two about stuff like this and is able to appreciate the sort of place this used to be, sent me these pics:





Maybe somebody bought this land to put a building on it. Maybe someone bought up all the stuff that used to make this space interesting and worth exploring. Whatever happened, it is a great loss.







And this is all I've got of the Buddy Holly center for the performing arts, under construction here in Lubbock. Fortunately, I went exploring again, and have a bunch of new pics of bone dry Lubbock. Ages since we've had any measurable rainfall.  Some rain chances this week but pretty pathetic. Far from certainty. This is an arid land with few redeeming virtues. Here's one redeeming virtue: it isn't worse than it already is. Yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment