Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Soaky Doaky El Quaderno!

 Truly, we have had some rain. I heard yet another downpour and thunderstorm in the wee hours of the night, in the night I say, and I arose to find a sopping wet world and indications that at least another inch of rain had fallen, if not more. My rain gauge was smashed to bits by hail several years ago, so I go by the high water mark on the driveway, left by debris carried by water rushing down the street, as it receded. The street must have been flooded from curb to curb. And the clouds are heavy, the air is quite chilly, and the threat of more rain, yet more rain, hangs heavy above our saturated heads. Yesterday I found playa lakes near me approaching flood stage. I would not be surprised to find them overflowing into streets. Quite impressive. Many rains. 







But I think the rain chances were supposed to diminish, to BEGIN to diminish today. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment