Sunday, April 9, 2023

Yes, Yes, A Nice Weekend

 You can actually feel humidity in the air! And there are chances of showers later. Will wonders never cease? I finally got all of Sue Grafton's novels in the "alphabet" series and I am going to read them all in order, even though that will mean re-reading many that I must have read ten years or more ago. That's fine. I have those to read in the evening and I have non-fiction to read during the day. I had an enjoyable and almost sublime time outdoors yesterday and I aim for the same today. I did some work on one of my pawnshop guitar finds yesterday and corrected some minor issues. The oldest guitar I have dates back to the early sixties. It is an acoustic from Western Auto that might have sold for as much as $15 back then. I got it at an estate sale, making a bid, and I was the highest bidder at not much more than that. It required extensive set up and fret work and a re-positioned bridge, but now it plays well right up to the 14th fret, perfect intonation, reasonable action, and it sounds funky and bluesy with a set of medium gauge electric guitar strings. I did NOT replace the tuners. They are primitive but cool. 










Back to the sunflowers, at least for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment