Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Wind And Dirt

 Yesterday was one of those awful "Lubbock" days. Strong winds and flying dirt. Typical for the time of year but it's something I never get used to. I like to imagine that folks who have recently moved here, looking for ?? experience something like yesterday's dust storm and immediately regret the move and start looking to exit as soon as possible. It isn't just Lubbock. It's the entire area, the panhandle plains-- a backward, windswept, hellhole, if you ask me. And it really seems that this area is becoming more and more arid. Annual rainfall used to be pegged at about 18 inches, and it's trended down to about 16 inches and I'm sure it will only get worse as the climate changes. 









The wells will go dry eventually, and probably sooner than anyone would like to believe. I think this area is living on hope and hot air. 


No comments:

Post a Comment