Friday, April 21, 2023

Cool, Windy, Dry

 Cool and clear and a bit windy, probably dust in the air later because, dry as it is around here, it does not take much of a wind to raise the dust. This is a good environment  in which to feel "otherworldly". I enjoy that, myself-- a kind of abstraction from ordinary life, as though one floats above it, viewing events and people and one's surroundings with ironic distance. But that only works until there is some disturbance, some problem, and then you are back in the muck, fighting to restore order and equilibrium. So that one can disconnect again. The older I get, the more I like to be remote. Aloof. Focused on my own little world, with little to no interest in anything outside my own little world. Ah. Some would say, that's not healthy! I'll be the judge of that. If it makes me happy, it is good. 










Ahhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment