Monday, October 3, 2022

Really Really Fine October Weather

 As I approach the age of 74 I really really need to respect my limitations. Getting other people to understand those limitations is the hard part. I hate it when someone says to me, "You're young!" Like hell I'm young. I am NOT young. I do not FEEL young. I don't even WANT to be young. I'm expected to jump in a car and be on the road for 7 to 8 hours. I don't think so. Not any more. Fly? That is out of the question. I'd be a nervous wreck. It would be torture. Have I not earned the right to have limitations? Have I not earned the right to quietly and peacefully DECLINE?? Yes, I exercise, but not as intensely as I did even a year ago. I lose ground and I can't recover it. It gets harder and harder just to maintain the status quo. and that's without the stress of travel and not being able to get any adequate exercise, or even adequate rest. Some people seem eager to tell me what I should be doing or ought to be able to do, how to live, what to eat-- and I just want to be left alone. Some people handle stress well. I don't. I don't travel well, or happily, I don't respond well to change, and I've never been very social. More and more I like less and less to even speak to people or have anything other than the most perfunctory interactions. That's how it is. That's my reality. I have no interest in changing anything. Unhealthy? So be it. I don't care.












No comments:

Post a Comment