Saturday, October 15, 2022

New Covid Variants

 New variants are appearing all the time and this disease is here to stay. I expect to be getting yet another booster next year. I avoid crowds and limit contact with others. I know people who've not been vaccinated at all, who've recovered from a hospital stay with "long Covid" who still refuse to be vaccinated. They are going to be vulnerable to the new variants. Getting it again will only wear them down more. I simply don't understand being afraid of a vaccine. But so many human beings are some  combination of irrational and dim-witted, they are hopeless. Just think of all the trumpturds still wearing their silly hats. Think of all the hand-waving evangelicals out there, waiting to be "beamed up". What humanity needs, I think, is a massive IQ boost. But there are such things as crazy smart people-- what can you do, eh? What can one do? It's the nature of the beast. What can you expect from a pack of bipedal talking apes? I'm one of those sad creatures, like it or not. But at least I KNOW that I'm an evolutionary freak. That helps me maintain a sort of ironic distance.










Sometimes I have a kind of waking dream episode when I work out really hard. Had one of those yesterday. Very annoying. I can function but it isn't comfortable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment