Friday, February 18, 2022

An Alley 3

 Now over 930,000 Covid deaths in the US. Obviously, it didn't "go away", nor has it "gone away", and what happens next might be the BA.2 Omicron variant and subsequent mutations. That seems to be a safe enough bet. Meanwhile, we've got this terrific alley to look at.







Yesterday I had my annual wellness exam and the waiting area had a section reserved for Covid patients. They were all relatively young, about a dozen of them, masked, and looking pretty miserable. I sat well away from them and had an excellent N95 on, and of course I am fully vaccinated with Moderna and recently got the Moderna booster. I am not a bit worried. And my health is excellent. Perfect BP and perfect weight for my height. But I'm not foolish enough to think I'm not at risk. BA.2 seems to be even more easily transmitted than the original Omicron, which was bad enough, and severity seems to be on a par with the earlier variants-- IF you are not vaccinated. And so many are not vaccinated. It isn't over. Denmark, easing restrictions, probably made a huge mistake, and might well be the source of yet another nasty variant in the near future. Stupid is as stupid does. Of course, we're all tired of this stuff. I'm tired of it, too, and REALLY tired of winter. I'm more than ready for a warm up. And rain. RAIN! Is it ever going to rain here??

No comments:

Post a Comment