Thursday, January 27, 2022

Sunflowers 74

 Our two day winter bumblast is over and it wasn't as bad as forecast. Middle of next week another winter bumblast is forecast but there is no precip associated with this one-- just rather cold. We will see. I'm more than ready for winter to be over but I realize we have a long way to go. I'm quite sure that ERCOT is not prepared to deal with anything serious. Money appropriated for upgrades has probably lined the pockets of Asshole Abbot's buddies, and his own pocket as well. Just my uninformed opinion here, but in Texas I habitually suspect corruption in high places. Besides, I despise Abbot, Paxton, and that other half-wit. A veritable trinity of twits. I think I'm still free to dislike and mistrust anyone I choose to dislike and mistrust, for whatever reason... and say so, in a public forum. Not that this blog is very public. To hell with all that anyway.







I need to be more positive, so let me say that Texas is not as bad as some other deep red states, so things here could be much worse. I don't think we've gone so far as to have an official index of prohibited books, for instance. Not yet, anyway. And the food is great! And if you ignore the legislature, Austin rocks! Nothing wrong with the music! We have not yet outlawed everything  but "praise music". And the food is great! Nice scenery! Although there is not as much nice scenery as there used to be, since developers are wrecking things, but that's what developers do. They wreck everything good. The oil industry will probably ultimately foul and pollute every aquifer in the state but that hasn't happened yet. The oil men will take the money and run and the rest of us can slurp brine. Killing and destroying for profit is as American as apple pie and strange fruit. Traditional values still rule in Texas. So we can rest easy. We still have a First Amendment, even though, if you scrawled it on toilet paper, it wouldn't be worth the paper you wrote it on. Toilet paper is expensive these days!



No comments:

Post a Comment