Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Sunflowers 51

 Well, I appear so far to be "doing goodie in the hoodie", to quote that famous star Svengoolie. I hope I spelled that right. I watch his show every Saturday. I grew up with science fiction and scary movies, such as they were in the old days, with low budgets, primitive effects, and silly plots, and mostly in black and white. RODAN moved me deeply and I felt sorry for THE MYSTERIONS. I started reading Poe's tales at an early age. Great science fiction back in the day, before anyone actually got into orbit. I have a complete collection of Philip K. Dick's short stories and most of his novels. I would say that we are living in a distinctly dystopian Philip K. Dick world at this time. If I wasn't part of that world, if that world was merely fiction, it would be a fun read. Unfortunately it is all too real. And I must do the best I can. Living day to day and keeping my bit of turf intact-- what else is there to do? For me, it's a small world, a regular Smallville, and I like it like that.







Here's looking at you...

No comments:

Post a Comment