Thursday, December 23, 2021

Sunflowers 40

No white Christmas for Lubbock but maybe a brown (blowing dust) Christmas Eve and record high temps. That's happened before but I can't remember exactly when. Maybe in the eighties. This has always been a drought prone region. A "semi-arid land" but it seems to be moving in the direction of arid, with no modifier. Dry, dry, dry, dry.  Texas Tech used to take pride in an International Center For The Study Of Arid And Semi-arid Lands. ICASALS is what it used to be called. Haven't heard much about that in many years. Maybe like the MUMS it came and went. City of MUMS and city of CHURCHES... now, it's the city of what? 







I did some work outside yesterday and today I will finish the job I started. I want to get it done before the wind and dust become issues, and that is scheduled for tomorrow. Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow, all of tomorrow's tomorrows lead us at last to dusty death and extinction. No handy dun dress ( an allusion!) but only death. Ha. Ha. Some humor for the dismal season... and that's yet another allusion! I'm on a roll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment