Wednesday, November 21, 2018

More Of Landa Park

This was only the second time I visited New Braunfels after my wife passed away. It still feels very strange driving there without her company. 




We walked through this park several times over the years, and around town together. A couple of times I bought her jewelry at antique places downtown. We had a rather pricey German meal at a restaurant by the river, sampled the local BBQ, watched the Children's Parade, checked out the farmer's market, walked through a large auto swap meet, enjoyed the Wurstfest. Good times.




There's a parochial school connected with this Catholic church, and I put in eight years there. Didn't hit the public school system until I went to high school. Nobody knew me. Some thought I was an English exchange student!
 The nuns marched us across this bridge once a year, to Landa Park, where we had a kind of recreational day and picnic. 



This is UNDER the bridge and I found evidence of flash flooding. It had rained a lot just prior to my visit.
 This was the first time I've ever been under there.
The building behind the bridge was once the power plant! It has been converted into luxury condos. They kept the smoke stacks. It still looks like the old power plant. The cooling tower is gone, though. Very nice place to live if you can afford it.


No comments:

Post a Comment