Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Finishing New Braunfels 2018

And then it will be necessary to find some more stuff to photograph. There is plenty right here in town. But I must find the necessary motivation.




I take these photos in the core of town, where virtually everything is historic.




This is the best part of New Braunfels, and the most desirable area to live.




In the background you see the Model Railroad Museum. My father was involved in that.

 I grew up hearing stories about Willy Gebhardt, inventer of this famous chili powder. I spent part of my early life in the building he used for his laboratory, which later became a home. I used to have the single shot .22 rifle he supposedly used to try to shoot himself-- he missed. I have no idea what became of it. 


This popular cafe has been a New Braunfels fixture for many, many, years. Krause's. Eat there if you ever have a chance.
 Yes, you've got some modern.
But you've got a lot more old, and that is a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment