Saturday, October 27, 2018

Acuff

I looked at pretty much everything there is to look at in Acuff.




Here's the old house. It's been stripped down and it kind of looks like whoever was working on it gave up.




Maybe they decided it could not be salvaged.




Or maybe they just don't have that much time to put in on the job. I did not see evidence of wiring or plumbing. 




When we looked at this place the first time, it still had walls. The walls concealed a lot of rot.




There's a LOT of work to be done here.




There's a lot of open space around Acuff. When I left I decided I would detour into Roosevelt.

I wanted to photograph this sign again. It is hard to see just what it says. But it's still there, and that was good. And then I stopped to photograph a few things on the road back to Lubbock.


That's the end of Acuff. I have no reason to return unless I decide, someday, to give the Acuff Steakhouse a try. First, I'll have to figure out when it is open.

No comments:

Post a Comment