Friday, August 16, 2024

The Heat Settles In

 We got some relief last evening and it was pleasant on the patio, with heavy clouds and thunder and a few drops of rain, and then some cooling breezes. No real rain though, at least not at my location. But it was not bad at all. In the summer, in weather like this, I actually chill cabernet. And that's what I enjoyed on the patio. I'm surrounded by sunflowers, some up to twelve feet tall, but they are past their prime and the seeds are feeding finches. It's still possible to use the path I made earlier this year but it's like pushing through a jungle. I'm delighted to have bees outside, and spiders, and many other small insects crawling all over the sunflowers. I've never been stung. I'm not so happy with the mosquitoes, though. I see forecasts calling for an early onset of cool weather, and I hope they are correct. 2024 will probably be the hottest year on record, and I'm sure 2025 will top that, and so on and so on, until... the party is over. And it never was much of a party. More of a drunken, bloody, orgy. Death, destruction, and a lot of nonsense. Madness and unspeakable cruelty. 







What a bummer. Some party, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment